Target first introduced its car seat trade-in program the year and month my son was born, in April 2016. I used my sister-in-law's old car seat to purchase a new one for my baby! Since the program launched, Target has recycled more than 1,100,000 car seats or more than 17 million pounds of plastic.
When & where can you trade in an old car seat:
- When: September 12th, through Saturday, September 25th, 2021
- Where: Car seats can only be traded in at the Katy Cinco Ranch Target and most other Targets nationwide, with a few exceptions.
- Target will have drop-off boxes for guests’ unwanted car seats located near Guest Services.
Coupon and Trade-in Details
- Guests who trade in their old car seats will receive a 20% off coupon toward a new car seat, car seat base, travel system, stroller or select baby home gear. Select baby home gear includes playards, high chairs, swings, rockers and bouncers.
- Guests must be enrolled in Target Circle to participate in the trade-in and receive a coupon.
- Scan sheets will be placed on the drop-off boxes for guests to scan from their mobile device into their Circle.
- Trading in two car seats? You can redeem this offer twice.
- Coupons can be applied to both in-store and online purchases and are eligible through May 1, 2021.
- During the trade-in event Target will accept and recycle all types of car seats, including infant seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster car seats and car seats that are expired or damaged. Materials from the old car seats will be recycled by Target’s partner, Waste Management.
Now is the perfect time to upgrade or buy a needed car seat! Happy shopping!
Never miss articles from Macaroni Kid Katy like this! SUBSCRIBE HERE for our weekly e-newsletter.